A cure for social anxiety disorders.
Now a team of researchers believes they have found a cure for social anxiety disorders.
Social phobia is the most common anxiety disorder of our time.
But the current treatment regimen for patients with this diagnosis has not proven very effective.21 Dec 2016
Can social anxiety go away?
It is a pervasive disorder and causes anxiety and fear in most all areas of a person’s life. It is chronic because it does not go away on its own. Only direct cognitive-behavioral therapy can change the brain, and help people overcome social anxiety.
What causes social anxiety?
Environmental Influences and Stressful Life Experiences as a Cause of Social Anxiety
- Physical, sexual, or emotional abuse.
- Bullying or teasing by peers.
- Family conflicts, domestic violence, and divorce.
- Death of or desertion by a parent.
- Maternal stress during pregnancy or infancy.
How can I treat social anxiety at home?
Try these seven tips to help you feel better and get through the day.
- Control Your Breathing. Anxiety can cause changes in your body that make you uncomfortable.
- Try Exercise or Progressive Muscle Relaxation.
- Start Small.
- Take the Focus Off Yourself.
- Talk Back to Negative Thoughts.
- Use Your Senses.
21 Jan 2017
What is the best medicine for social anxiety?
Though several types of medications are available, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) are often the first type of drug tried for persistent symptoms of social anxiety. Your doctor may prescribe paroxetine (Paxil) or sertraline (Zoloft).29 Aug 2017