12 Ways to Shut Off Your Brain Before Bedtime
- Realize sleep is essential.
- Have a regular sleep schedule.
- Create a pre-sleep routine.
- Write down your worries — earlier in the day.
- Use your bed for sleep and intimacy.
- Create an optimal environment.
- Busy your brain with mental exercises.
- Focus on the positive.
How can I quiet my mind for sleep?
Train Your Brain to Sleep
- Avoid napping, because “…you need to associate sleep with only one location (your bed) and one time (your sleep window).”
- Avoid active activities in bed.
- Go to bed only when you’re sleepy, which is different from feeling tired or sapped of energy.
- Get up at the same time every day.
How can I stop anxiety before bed?
How Does Anxiety Affect Sleep?
- Try meditation.
- Add exercise to your day.
- Take time to wind down.
- Steer clear of stressful activities before bed.
- Put your to-dos on paper.
- Tense and relax.
- Don’t lie in bed awake.
How can I sleep better at night without thinking?
Here are 17 evidence-based tips to sleep better at night.
- Increase Bright Light Exposure During The Day.
- Reduce Blue Light Exposure in the Evening.
- Don’t Consume Caffeine Late in the Day.
- Reduce Irregular or Long Daytime Naps.
- Try to Sleep and Wake at Consistent Times.
- Take a Melatonin Supplement.
How can I quiet my mind?
He shares three simple steps you can take to quiet your mind:
- Get into a good position. Take a deep breath and sigh it out.
- Get in touch with your breathing. Close your eyes and find the place in your body where you feel your breath most prominently.
- Detach from your thoughts.