Here are 17 evidence-based tips to sleep better at night.
- Increase Bright Light Exposure During The Day.
- Reduce Blue Light Exposure in the Evening.
- Don’t Consume Caffeine Late in the Day.
- Reduce Irregular or Long Daytime Naps.
- Try to Sleep and Wake at Consistent Times.
- Take a Melatonin Supplement.
How can I sleep faster at night without thinking?
Here are 20 simple ways to fall asleep as fast as possible.
- Lower the Room Temperature. Share on Pinterest.
- Use the “4-7-8” Breathing Method.
- Get on a Schedule.
- Experience Both Daylight and Darkness.
- Practice Yoga, Meditation and Mindfulness.
- Do Not Look at Your Clock.
- Avoid Naps During the Day.
- Watch What and When You Eat.
Why am I not sleeping through the night?
People who have insomnia don’t feel as if they get enough sleep at night. Insomnia has many possible causes, including stress, anxiety, depression, poor sleep habits, circadian rhythm disorders (such as jet lag), and taking certain medications.
How can I sleep more deeply?
Healthy Sleep Tips
- Stick to a sleep schedule of the same bedtime and wake up time, even on the weekends.
- Practice a relaxing bedtime ritual.
- If you have trouble sleeping, avoid naps, especially in the afternoon.
- Exercise daily.
- Evaluate your room.
- Sleep on a comfortable mattress and pillows.