For tips on how to stay awake in class or in any setting that requires your attention, consider the following strategies.
- Get up and move.
- Breathe some fresh air.
- A little caffeine.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Stick to a sleep schedule.
- Get some morning light.
- Change seats.
How do I stop myself from falling asleep in class?
Here’s how you can stop your trip to dreamland and keep yourself awake in class naturally.
- Take a shower.
- Use natural stimulants.
- Sit straight.
- Be active.
- Drink water.
- Breathe deeply.
- Try to move your body.
- Chew gum.
How do you stay awake in a boring lecture?
- Go to bed earlier. It’s better to go to bed earlier than to sleep later.
- Stand up. “If you’re falling asleep on trains or the bus or in a lecture hall, get up and go to the back where you can stand,” advised Rosen.
- Take a nap. A 20-minute power nap can help you stay awake during the day.
- Drink some caffeine.
How do I wake myself up at school?
Tired in Class? How to Wake Up
- Drink cold water. One major cause of fatigue is dehydration.
- Take notes by hand. Instead of staring at your college laptop screen like a zombie and typing your lecture notes without thinking (a surefire way to make you feel tired — and bored!), try taking notes by hand.
- Get moving.
- Eat energy foods.
How do you sleep with your eyes open in class?
- Can Humans Sleep with Their Eyes Open? Most of our sources say no, with a few exceptions.
- Relax Over All. Keep your eyes open but relax every other muscle in your body.
- Breathe Normally. Focus on your breath.
- Focus Eyes on One Spot.
- Other Techniques.