Here are seven easy ways to stop feeling angry.
- Exercise. Anger is – at base – an energy that expresses itself in and through the body.
- Use your anger as motivation to make a change.
- Watch or listen to something funny.
- Shift your focus.
- Do something — anything!
- Write it out.
How do you deal with someone who is always angry?
For other people
- Don’t ignore the person.
- Be open to listening to what they have to say.
- Keep your voice calm when they’re upset.
- Try to talk things through.
- Acknowledge their distress, but don’t feel like you have to back down if you disagree.
- Avoid pushing advice or opinions on them.
- Give them space if they need it.
How do I stop getting angry at my kids?
- Set limits BEFORE you get angry.
- Calm yourself down BEFORE you take action.
- Take Five.
- Listen to your anger, rather than acting on it.
- Remember that “expressing” your anger to another person can reinforce and escalate it.
- WAIT before disciplining.
- Avoid physical force, no matter what.
- Avoid threats.
What are signs of anger issues?
Some physical signs of anger include:
- clenching your jaws or grinding your teeth.
- stomach ache.
- increased and rapid heart rate.
- sweating, especially your palms.
- feeling hot in the neck/face.
- shaking or trembling.