How do you relieve stress?
Here are 16 simple ways to relieve stress and anxiety.
- Exercise. Exercise is one of the most important things you can do to combat stress.
- Consider Supplements.
- Light a Candle.
- Reduce Your Caffeine Intake.
- Write It Down.
- Chew Gum.
- Spend Time With Friends and Family.
How can stress lead to mental illness?
Over time, continued strain on your body from routine stress may contribute to serious health problems, such as heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, and other illnesses, as well as mental disorders like depression or anxiety.
How can stress affect your body?
Ongoing, chronic stress, however, can cause or exacerbate many serious health problems, including: Mental health problems, such as depression, anxiety, and personality disorders. Cardiovascular disease, including heart disease, high blood pressure, abnormal heart rhythms, heart attacks, and stroke.
How can I relax my mind?
Relaxing the mind
- Take slow, deep breaths. Or try other breathing exercises for relaxation.
- Soak in a warm bath.
- Listen to soothing music.
- Practice mindful meditation. The goal of mindful meditation is to focus your attention on things that are happening right now in the present moment.
- Use guided imagery.