At the very least, it’s something to read next time you can’t sleep.
- Distract yourself with meaningless mental lists. “The absolute prerequisite for sleep is a quiet mind.
- Try to stay awake instead.
- Write down whatever’s freaking you out.
- Try not to try so hard.
- And if all else fails …
Is overthinking a mental disorder?
Overthinking is linked to psychological problems, like depression and anxiety. It’s likely that overthinking causes mental health to decline and as your mental health declines, the more likely you are to overthink. It’s a vicious downward spiral.
How Do I Stop overthinking?
How to Stop Overthinking Everything: 12 Simple Habits
- Put things into a wider perspective.
- Set short time-limits for decisions.
- Stop setting your day up for stress and overthinking.
- Become a person of action.
- Realize that you cannot control everything.
- Say stop in a situation where you know you cannot think straight.
- Don’t get lost in vague fears.
- Work out.
What is sleep anxiety?
Sleep Disorders. Stress or anxiety can cause a serious night without sleep, as do a variety of other problems. Insomnia is the clinical term for people who have trouble falling asleep, difficulty staying asleep, waking too early in the morning, or waking up feeling unrefreshed.