Consider Natural Drinks to Soothe an Upset Stomach
- Chamomile tea. Chamomile helps alleviate the discomfort associated with an upset stomach while working as an anti-inflammatory agent.
- The water left over after making a pot of rice.
- Mint tea.
- Warm lemon water.
- Ginger root tea.
What drinks help settle your stomach?
If these are well tolerated, try other fluids:
- Sports drinks.
- Clear, non-caffeinated sodas such as 7-Up, Sprite or ginger ale.
- Diluted juices such as apple, grape, cherry or cranberry (avoid citrus juices)
- Clear soup broth or bullion.
- Decaffeinated tea.
How can I settle my stomach quickly?
Some of the most popular home remedies for an upset stomach and indigestion include:
- Drinking water. Dehydration can increase the likelihood of an upset stomach.
- Avoiding lying down.
- Taking a warm bath or using a heating bag.
- BRAT diet.
- Avoiding smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Avoiding difficult-to-digest foods.
How do you calm a nervous stomach?
A nervous stomach can often be treated with home and natural remedies, as well as lifestyle changes.
- Try herbal remedies.
- Avoid caffeine, especially coffee.
- Practice deep breathing, mindfulness, and meditation.
- Try calming diffuser oils or incenses.
- Find space for yourself to relax.
Is Coca Cola good for an upset stomach?
The quick and popular remedy — usually in the form of cola, ginger ale or clear sodas — is said to help settle the stomach with its slight fizz and replenish fluids and glucose lost by vomiting and diarrhea.
What 3 foods are bad for your gut?
Many foods, including fruits, vegetables and whole grains, naturally contain prebiotic fiber. A lack of them in the diet may be harmful to your overall digestive health ( 20 ).
2. Lack of Prebiotics in the Diet
- Lentils, chickpeas and beans.
- Jerusalem artichokes.
What medicine calms your stomach?
Bismuth subsalicylate, the active ingredient in OTC medications like Kaopectate and Pepto-Bismol, protects your stomach lining. Bismuth subsalicylate is also used to treat ulcers, upset stomach and diarrhea.
Does a banana settle your stomach?
Bananas. Bananas are great to eat when you are feeling nauseated or unwell because they are easily digestible. When your tummy is hurting, bananas are a source of potassium, which is one of the nutrients that your body can lose through vomiting and diarrhoea.
Is milk good for upset stomach?
So although milk temporarily coats the lining of the stomach, buffering the acid in your stomach and making you feel a bit better, the relief might last for only twenty minutes or so. In other words milk may have many benefits, but settling an upset stomach isn’t one of them.