How do I shut my brain off so I can sleep?
12 Ways to Shut Off Your Brain Before Bedtime
- Realize sleep is essential.
- Have a regular sleep schedule.
- Create a pre-sleep routine.
- Write down your worries — earlier in the day.
- Use your bed for sleep and intimacy.
- Create an optimal environment.
- Busy your brain with mental exercises.
- Focus on the positive.
How do you stop racing thoughts?
Seven ways to stop racing thoughts
- Focus on now, not the future or the past. For some people, racing thoughts stem from something that has not happened and may never happen.
- Take deep breaths.
- Think about other options.
- Use mantras.
- Try distractions.
- Inhale lavender essential oil.
- Eat low-glycemic foods.
How do you fall asleep with anxiety?
How Does Anxiety Affect Sleep?
- Try meditation.
- Add exercise to your day.
- Take time to wind down.
- Steer clear of stressful activities before bed.
- Put your to-dos on paper.
- Tense and relax.
- Don’t lie in bed awake.
What to do when u can’t sleep?
- Write in a journal before you go to bed.
- Sleep in a dark, comfortable room.
- Don’t sleep with a pet.
- Don’t drink any caffeinated beverages (like soda or iced tea) after about 3:00 in the afternoon.
- Don’t exercise at night.
- Once you’re lying in bed, try a peaceful mind exercise.